What is “BOTOX” & how dose it work?
BOTOX is botulinum toxin type – A, a natural purified d protein, produced in a pharmaceutical laboratory. It acts by reducing the nerve stimulation to muscle & therefore causing muscle relaxation when injected into it and creates a smoothed, rejuvenated and more youthful appearance. Tiny amount of botox is injected in selected facial amounts using a very fine needle. Treatment taken 10 min. and you can resume normal routines immediately
What are the conditions that can be treated with BOTOX?
- Frown lines between eyebrows.
- Horizontal forehead lines.
- Crown feet or smile lines around eyes.
- Marionette lines
- Horizontal neck lines
- Platysma muscle vertical neck bands
- Square face due to masseteric muscle hypertrophy
What are the precautions to be taken for BOTOX injections?
- Aspirin certain medicines should be stopped one week before BOTOX injections and the injection should be avoided
- When there is known hyper sensitivity to any ingredient in the formulation
- During pregnancy and to lactating mothers
When is the effect of BOTOX visible and how long it last?
Following injection, the result, usually takes few days and begins to relax away lines reaching its full action by one week. It continue to prevent and reduce facial lines and wrinkles of about 6 months longer period than that of 1st injection
What are the complications of BOTOX injection?
BOTOX injection is very safe if administered in proper done by correct technique, however their may be temporary redness and burning at injection site