When it comes to cosmetic surgery, we hear a lot about breast enlargement. But there is
also a large number of women who want to go in for breast reduction. There are various
traditional procedures used for breast reduction. However, they result in unacceptable
scarring and involve major surgery. These concerns have led to the invention of the
liposuction procedure for breast reduction. As a result, even breast reduction can be done with minimal scarring and other associated risk factors.
Why do people undergo breast reduction?
- For some women, the oversized breast may become an unwanted burden that may lead to discomfort, self-consciousness, and limited wardrobe options.
- Heavy breasts can also cause neck, back or chest pain. They often create a huge problem for the athletes.
- Some women also have unequal breast size that may become a cause of embarrassment.
Points to note about breast reduction via liposuction:
Not all women will benefit from breast reduction via liposuction. This procedure is suitable only for the women who have excessive fat cells in the breasts but doesn’t have too much breast sagging for liposuction doesn’t have any effect on excessive glandular tissues. The best time to undergo this procedure is for unwed women who desire breast size reduction without any scarring.
The Breast reduction via liposuction procedure:
There are several procedures for breast reduction. But, if you are concerned about scarring and want quick healing and natural looking result, then liposuction is an appropriate option. Liposuction can reduce the breasts size to some extent to even 50 percent of their original size as par the requirement and also elevates them.
Now, let us know about the procedures and benefits of breast reduction liposuction.
- Tumescent liposuction – This procedure can be done under local anaesthesia that involves insertion of thin, cannulae through the incisions that are made at 1-2 locations of the breasts. Then the fat cells are suctioned out into an appropriate end point for each location. This procedure allows unhindered breastfeeding after the procedure.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction or UAL – This technique of breast reduction liposuction involves usage of a vibrating tip mounted on an ultrasonic cannula that uses both heat and vibration. This cannula is inserted through 1.5cm sized incisions made on the breasts that break opens the fat cells and suctions out the required amount of the liquefied fat. This procedure facilitates easier removal of fats without much interference with the skin and tissues and causes less blood loss.
Benefits of liposuction for breast reduction:
- Liposuction can be done under local anaesthesia, thus providing quick recovery and early discharge from the hospital.
- It takes a less recovery time and no obvious visible scars of breast reduction.
- Liposuction does not interfere with the mammary glands.
- As this procedure only involves removal of fat cells, you can get the most natural looking and long lasting results.
Therefore, if you are also the one who needs breast reduction but wondering whether you are a suitable candidate for liposuction, just consult a certified Plastic Surgeon who will help you out with more details about the various liposuction procedures of breast reduction and also help you know your requirements.Leave a reply →